Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John S.

John S.

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:58 AM

Hello - I'm a working engineer (but I'm not a programmer or software engineer!!) in Central Texas. I've been working with PC's since 1990 or so, but only with application programs to do optical and mechanical design. I'm somewhat computer literate, and in the past assembled my own PC, but I'm not conversant with the inner workings of the software that runs the machine.

I'm having some problems with malware/virii/spyware on a brand new machine (a Dell) which apparently didn't come with a very good Internet security suite. (Trend Micro PC-Cillin - and that's it.)

After following the steps in the "preparation guide for use before posting a hijackthis log" at this site, I'll be posting in the other forum, where I hope I'll get some HELP!

(BTW, I like the site name "bleepingcomputer" and can relate to it . . . although normally I don't use the word bleeping. ) :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:03 AM

By following the preparation guide, you will be installing very useful anti-spyware applications, which will give you a strong layer of protection if you continue to use them and keep them updated. Once you have posted a log in the HJT forum, you should refrain from doing any additional "fixing" since this could easily invalidate the data in the log and confuse the volunteer on the HJT team and duplicate efforts.
Logs are always handled on a first-in, first-reviewed basis; there may be other members ahead of you in the queue, so please be patience and do not "bump" your log.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users