Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Huge Problem: Im Stumped

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Toxicrocker

Toxicrocker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

So heres the issue.

after POST the computer displays a variety of different STOP errors, or auto reboots itself in a continues loop.

At first everything semed to be well and normal, when all the sudden, at the windows XP loading screen (with the bar rolling across) A BSOD appears and says windows needs to shut down immediately to prevent damage to files blah blah... you know the one..... so i restart....

same story

So then i begin the series of try-to fix its. First i tried safe mode..but it hung up on MUP.sys, and auto rebooted

I disconnected all unnecesary hardware and such and tried to boot from last known config..... this time it gave me a STOP 0x0000000A message IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS ,......... I even swapped out various KNOWN good HDD, Memory, and other Hardware

following that ,I tried to boot from the XP disk which at first said corrupt something file, but upon trying again gave me this STOP error *** STOP 0x0000000A (0x0000002c, 0x0000002, 0x0000001, 0x80806FB4)

So i fiddled around a bit more with various components// bios etc etc safe mode boot hangs up NOT on Mup.sys but the following file. GAGP30Kx.SYS This is where i turned to the forums for help.. so here I am

Ive cleared the Coms and checked the jumper settings and all that i know to check. My MAIN QUESTION is, where enlies the problem? in the board? the BIOS? The APIC? im clueless... its NOT the HDD itself so how could it be a registry file error or something? I put the HDD in my running PC and it booted fine.

SPECS OF THE PROBLEM COMP: Its an E-Machines oriented motherboard manufactured by MicroStar (MS-7184 is the FCC id)

200 GB Seagate Barracuda HDD, and the CDrom drivve it came with.

CPU is an AMD athlon 64 3500++ 1000mhz max.

Additional qs....How do i know the memory compatabilities///slots coordination. its the 4 dimm slot that only supports 2 dual channel memory and blah blah so on... It confuses me. Also im not using the orig Moniter , which was a flatscreen and this one now is not.... Does that matter?? i mean vga is vga right?

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED TIMES A MILLION. Thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:51 AM

Does this shed any light on the issue?

0x0A stop message info can be found HERE. Scroll down the page to: A Stop 0x0A error after Windows XP is already installed
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:51 PM

SATA drivers and chipset drivers spring to mind from these errors - try installing them to see if it fixes the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Toxicrocker

Toxicrocker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

Ok , I was thinking something along those lines as well.. only thing is .. I have no idea on how to go about installing drivers for the chipset, and would SATA drivers really matter since i dont use the SATA connectors?

Do i just try to load the drivers from an A:> command line by copying them to a ramdrive and so on? Im VERY unexperienced in this area of the computer world

#5 Toxicrocker

Toxicrocker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:05 AM

Also another little tidbit..Originally the system had Windows Media Center on it... Well When the original HDD for the mobo in question was Used in other comp and booted.. it auto installed some stuff on it.. THAT was an XP Home Edition system... could it be just a conflict with the Board expecting Media Center and the drive containing Home Edition??

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:02 AM

SATA drivers will matter if your drive is SATA - otherwise the controller won't recognize it properly.

You'll go into Device Manager and locate the SATA controller and update it there. You'll tell it that you've got the disk and then will insert the disk when it asks for it.

You can get the motherboard/chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website, download them, and install them very easily.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

Sounds to me that you need to do a fresh or repair install. Swapping drives with different OSes on them will cause reboots due to driver conflicts.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users