Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing On Internet Games With My Friend

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wemibelec90

wemibelec90

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

For some reason, whenever my friend or I create a game online in an online game, the other person cannot join. No matter what game we play has this problem.

We were just wondering how this problem could maybe be fixed. Are there some network settings that must be changed or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

There could be many reasons for this. Are you both using the exact same version (including any patches)? Are firewalls properly defaulted to allow internet access?
Are you using a server, or direct connecting (either on a LAN or directly by IP address)?
Can you provide a concrete example of the kind of game and tell us if you are getting any error messages?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 wemibelec90

wemibelec90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:57 AM

The games we usually try to play together are of the FPS shooter variety, such as Halo and Unreal 2004. We are trying to connectly directly by an IP address. And there are usually no error messages. It just says that you cannot enter the server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users