Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runtime Error Visual C++ Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aidanski

aidanski

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:12 PM

Hi there,

Got a problem which has developed over past few days. Tried to use HP image zone which came with HP 2350 series printer/scanner. Hadn't used it in a long time and when I tried to access it received 0xc0000135 error. Got in touch with HP. They advised uninstalling the software, downloading .net framework 1.1 and reinstalling. Even though I have .net 1.1, they said reinstall it. I have uninstalled the printer and tried to download .net framework 1.1 from Microsoft downloads site. When I try to install it I am getting the following message :

Visual C++ runtime library

Runtime error

Program C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

I thought it might be a windows installer problem so I downloaded Windows installer 3.1 with no problem.

Done all the usual scans for viruses, malware, spyware and found nothing.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers,

Aidanski

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:19 PM

:flowers: I am getting the same error message, often. I just saw on Microsoft that there is an update to the Windows Installer program. If the version number is 3.1.4000.2435, the computer has Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) which is the most current. So you might have to update, see link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898628/Windows Installer

I already have 3.1(v2) loaded, but I am getting Runtime Errors regularly from Norton System Works/anti-virus. I am running XP/home, also using Webroot Spy/Virus and System Mechanic Pro 6. I update and scan regularly, but get no findings, even using the Trend freebie. Do I sound paranoid?

But my Event Viewer showed lots of errors today (only because I just found it). source nview_info
error event id: 1 and MSI Installer (source) event id 11316 User: ROMEMAIN\Owner. I also got warnings on warnings on Source EvntAgnt EventID 1015 Warning TraceLevel parameter not located in registry;
Default trace level used is 32. Do I have problems? I think sooooo.

Also Perf... rears its ugly head regularly. From my readings, the community has decided to ignore those PerfLib_PerfData files. But I got the message, again from Event Viewer, PerfNet Error Event 2002 and 2004
Unable to open the Redirector service. Redirector performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

I know I'm only supposed to put one problem in one report; but I am so confused!

I am thinking my next step should be to update DirectX which appears to get updated monthly by M/S.

Any ideas for me? Does the previous poster need to update to v2 (I am trying to be helpful here) :thumbsup:

Thank y'all. Thank y'all very much. :trumpet:
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

#3 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems

Some of the following tips from here: Aaron Stebner's WebLog

Uninstall Windows Installer 3.1 form Add/Remove Programs if it is listed and install Windows Installer 3.1 v2 (3.1.4000.2435)

How to repair the .NET Framework 1.1 or 2.0

Download the .NET Framework cleanup tool ( dotnetfx_cleanup_tool: http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/Forms/AllItems.aspx ), run it and choose to clean up the .NET Framework 1.1 or 2.0 (or both).
Reinstall the .NET Framework 1.1
Reinstall the .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75, 07 December 2006 - 10:58 AM.

I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users