Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ashley06

ashley06

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

My sound stopped working a while ago and I'd like it back. :thumbsup: Nothing is muted, none of the sound controls are scrolled down, and I've already tried reinstalling the driver (Crystal SoundFusion). I'm running on Windows ME, sadly. Any ideas what the problem could be? There's not that much wrong with my computer.. that I know of. Someone already cleaned the viruses and stuff out for me. :trumpet: I don't know what you want for info right now, so I'll leave it at that. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:30 AM

try purchasing a new soundcard it sounds like it went out

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:52 PM

Check to make sure that the speakers are plugged in to the back of the computer correctly. Typically there are three connections. mic, speaker and aux. The speakers go in the lime green one and will pop when you plug them in correctly.
Also check to make sure that the volume is turned up on the speakers themselves
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 ashley06

ashley06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

Well, it's an IBM notebook. The speakers were built in. It started working again one day... haha I was so excited :thumbsup: It stopped again when I went on some web page with background music. It probably is just the soundcard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users