Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Burning Cds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amanda12

Amanda12

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:12 AM

Whenever I try to burn a cd it says; Cannot complete the CD Writing Wizard. There was an error in the writing process. The disc you have attempted to write "may no longer be usable" ?

Or, it says; This CD "does not have enough free space for the files". This happens when the file I am trying to burn is relatively small and the CD has never been used before.

I a little confused with what is happening here. Please help!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:33 AM

In order to be of any assistence please supply us following info :

1) Operating system (Windows?XP?Home?)
2) Which program(s) do you use for burning?
3) Type and make of Writer
4) Firmware version/Drivers
5) Which types of writable CD's you use?

#3 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

This is normaly a issue with using the worng drivers and the CD trying to be burnt at a speed not compaterble with the burning drive. Make sure you have the correct driver. Goto the manufacturers website and download the latest for that model if you are unsure.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users