Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"star Wars" Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

I love sci-fi. Shows like Stargate sg-1 and enterprise(the one that went off of UPN was a good one) are fun. They have these laser weapons on ships and laser guns...(stargate has zaps...) that really blow things up.

I saw this a while back but now they are finished with the plane and will put the laser on later on in 2007.

The military has came up with a laser weapon that goes on a plane.

This weapon can blow up missles coming from the enemy in mid air! One day they may be able to make it shoot on the ground if not already?....

Here is a picture of it.
http://news.com.com/2300-1008_3-6131549.ht...ag=ne.gall.rbcs

You can read more on it on the internet.

Lasers can shoot the speed of light and if the aiming thing works then it can shoot a penny from mid air prob...Try that with a bullet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:25 AM

Oh dear, just a faster and more accurate way for people to die. Sorry that I sound all gloomy about the 'break through' of laser guns but for every enemy we kill, we destroy another human and usually his/her family emotionally as well, and sometimes I can't help but wonder where it will all end - and will the precious youth of our world, including yourself CGM, have a chance to grow up and grow old if all this hate continues. Gentle sigh.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:08 AM

Oh dear, just a faster and more accurate way for people to die.

Except this is to be used to shoot down ICBM's, before they kill innocent people.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:22 AM

Intellectually, I know you are right tg1911 - it's just in my heart that I suspect the 'other side' feels the same way about us. I know that things like this are 'necessary evils' - it's only that it seems our weapon become faster and more deadly to saveguard us against the enemy and they too get faster and more deadly weapons to use against us and on and on it goes.

But anyway, my woe at warfare isn't what this particular post was about and I do apologise - gentle smile.

Edited by MaraM, 04 December 2006 - 07:24 AM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

Totally agree, Mara.
One side builds a bigger, better weapon, and the other side builds one bigger, and better, to counteract that one, then the other side builds .......
A never ending cycle. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:49 PM

That is a pretty impressive idea.Wonder how they'll track the fallen warhead.
MaraM if it's any consolation. Think of the positive effect it would have on threats(which can easily be reality) from rogue states as Iran or North Korea.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:19 PM

It might set it off or disinigrate it totally?

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:40 PM

That is a pretty impressive idea.Wonder how they'll track the fallen warhead.

The idea is to detonate the missile over the country of origin, while they're still in the boost stage, dropping all of the debris back into that country.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:25 AM

I like that even better. Truly cost effective. Especially if it detonates back on yhe laucher. That'll really get them to think twice...if anones around to think :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:23 AM

It is an old idea that Ronald Reagan promoted in the '80s.

CNN Cold War - Historical Documents: Reagan's 'Star Wars' speech
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users