Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rocketman

rocketman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:05 AM

Wondering if you guys can give me a hand with the problem that I'm having with my sound card. It keeps telling me that I do not have one installed at all. I never had a problem before. This just started a few months ago and I can't seem to get it fixed at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rocketman

rocketman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME, BUT HERE GOES. A FEW MONTHS AGO I LOST SOUND. THEN I GET A NO SOUND CARD INSTALLED MESSAGE ON MANY PROGRAMS. NOW WHEN I GO TO DEVICE MANAGER, I HAVE YELLOW! ON MANY ITEMS. IT SAYS THERE IS A CODE 15 PROBLEM BUT THE TROUBLESHOOTER WON'T OPEN WHEN I CLICK ON IT?? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

#3 skaines

skaines

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:43 AM

open up the control panel and double click on 'add new hardware', now follow the steps in the wizard and windows will search for the hardware. You may need the 'driver' CD that came with the sound card, (a driver is pretty much software that the operating system uses to interact with the hardware).

If that doesnt work open device manager by right clicking 'My Computer' and selecting 'properties', select the 'hardware' tab and select 'device manager'. select right click on the problematic sound card, (It may have an exclamation mark in a yellow circle icon), click on properties, click on the 'Drivers' tab, click on 'update driver'. Windows will now have a wizard to update the driver, you will either need to download the driver from the sound card manufacturers web site or have the CD which came with the sound card. Now follow the wizard and update the driver.

If all that fails, pull the side panel off your computer and check that the sound card is not loose, push in the card if it is loose. (try checking help at the manufacturers web site).

hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users