Jump to content
Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:14 PM
Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:11 PM
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users
Download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe to install and use the default settings for installation.
- Run SUPERAntiSypware and update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates".
- When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
- There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
- When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- Select close to exit the program.
- Note: If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware.) Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions and read the User Manual.
Then perform this online Virus scan: Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cureSpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript
Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:40 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users