Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraudfix Help Please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 circa1900s

circa1900s

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

Ive printed out the instructions to remove the virus malware. Step 10 says "scroll through the list of files in this folder and look for rrtcany.dll. I've been looking for t hat file anxiously this morning and I still dont see it meaning I dont have it. So since I dont see any of the files listed, it insist that I post a note in about it. How can I see this hidden files? I follwed step 9 a few times too and... nothing. I need help, please!

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

The smitfraudfix tool is used on various smitfraud related infections. As such, different files are identified and removed. Not all infections will always have the same files listed in a particular self-help guide and a specific file may not always be found. Which guide were you using? Are you still having problems after running the tool as instructed?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 circa1900s

circa1900s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:53 PM

I'm still having problems running it because my computer wont seem to stay in safe mode. As many times as I've entered in safe mode, click on my user account, my computer just restarts itself back to normal mode. I'm think I should just boot my computer back to brand new which I really don't want to do at all. :/

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

If your having problems getting into safe mode, then go ahead and run the tool in normal mode.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users