Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Entering Safe Mode.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 circa1900s

circa1900s

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

I'm not sure if this is in the right section (which I hope it is) but I'm having some major issues in safe mode. I have a malware thats making my internet life complete hell. So I downloaded SmitFraudFix and followed the instructions until its time for me to enter in safe mode. So I restarted the comp, entered in safe mode clicked on my account and clicked on the SmitFraud folder. My computer froze for a few seconds then restarted. I have tried this about 5 times this morning and I've grown a little unhappy and impatient. Please, can anyone help me? Is this something I can fix in a matter of time or do I have to seek some technical help instores (which I am hoping I wont have to go that far)?

Thank you in advance! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Archer-of-Death

Archer-of-Death

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:39 PM

Use other programs. That sounds like a program you clicked from a pop-up.
I recommend Ad-Aware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users