Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

My Introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter de Graauw

Peter de Graauw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

Hi ALL Happy BleepingComputer users,

When surfing the net in order to find info about a programma, I met this site. I think this is a very good information and knowledge database which will keep on growing as more and more people start using it.
I am a Dutchman ( 56 Years young) and will certainly use this website. For sure when I encounter strange programms on my computer.

In te same time ( together with this introduction) I would like to raise q question:

My Internet browser ( v7, and I am running WinXP) is not opening word within word, but doing it with Open Ofice in stead. On the MS internet site is an article how to change it bij changing the registry. However If I look with regedit, it all looks different from the explanation in the MS description.
Probably there is one amongst you all, who has solved this already once on his computer, and may give me the way to do so.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:50 AM

The solution may be somewhat more simple. Check to see whether the default program for opening .doc files is Word or OO.o. You may post about this problem in the Webbrowsing/internet application forum if you need further help.
Welcome to BC!

Edited by jgweed, 03 December 2006 - 09:53 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users