Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Fast Foward Some Videos Stored On Hd?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SPL Tech

SPL Tech

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:27 AM

I am having a problem playing normal .mepg video files. I do not know if they are all mepg’s. Some could be .avi’s and other formats, I am not sure. But the problem is that when I try to fast forward a video file I downloaded it lags bad. The video gets “stuck”. The media player just retains the image present at the time I fast froward and the audio keeps going as so does the slider bar, but not the video. Some times the video starts playing after a few seconds and some times it does not start playing at all. I have this problem in Windows Media Player 10 and WinAmp but NOT in Total Video Player. I have Ace Mega Codes pack. Any ideas? Also it only does it with some videos and it did not do it at first when I installed Windows.
CPU: Core Two Duo 2.13 GHz. E6400 OC'ed to 3.0 GHz. / 380 FSB RAM: 2 GB. Corsair 800 MHz. XMS2 DDR2
GPU: X1900XT 512MB Connect3D Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
PSU: 535 watt Enermax Whisper II HD: (2) 320 GB. Seagate Barracuda 16 MB. 7,200 RPM SATA II
OD: 52X DVD±RW Monitors: (2) Hanns-G JW199D 19" 16:10 widescreen DVI in extended desktop mode

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

Ok Do the following :

First we need to establish whether the problem is with the movie or with the player.
Download Gspot here and download Video Inspector here Install both the programs and open Video Inspector. Browse to your computer to the movie you want to play and stops and klick render. VI will tell you what is wrong.

As far as the Ace Mega pack is concerned as you can see here there are mixed feelings about it. Let us wait until you get some results from VI and than go on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users