Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Heeeeelp! Please =)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Igam

Igam

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:46 AM

Hello there, and first of all, thank you for taking the time to read this!

My computer issue is that everytime I start playing a full-screen game, my computer gets this checkerboard-like green and purple vertical pattern, like 4 or 5 sections of it. Sometimes, it just makes so many lines go crazy and it looks like the lines are dancing or something, and makes the game obviously unplayable. The games, if it even matters, it seems to effect every game I try fullscreened, are: Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Far Cry, World of Warcraft, and Star Wars Empires at War. Those are the only ones I have tried since having this problem, but like I said it probally will happen on any given full-screen game.

-But- when I run the same game in windowed mode (even if I check an option that makes the borders go away and everything else, so it appears to be full screen) it works just perfectly.

If I think of anything else to add to this I will, and I'll keep checking back frequently. Also, I am not the sharpest tool in the toolbox when it ocmes to computers, but my PC is a few years old, and the video card is only 1 year old. The video card is a Radeon x800 (I could be totally wrong, but I think it's something like that...) and my computer is a eMachienes. I have never had this problem before untill very recently, so it puzzles me...

If I can get full-screen games working again I will love you forever! (Because I just bought a game that doesnt support a windowed mode, and I'd hate to see 50 bucks wasted)

My Computer Info stuff:

eMachienes
T6520
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor
3400+
2.39 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Windows XP

Sorry if this isn't the right section for this post, I'll move it if needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Igam

Igam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

*Update*

I just tried playing a little game called Puzzle PIrates, which is full screen. It's pretty much 2d, no special effects or anything compared to most games. That created no problems, no green and purple sections or anything.

#3 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:20 AM

Might be a problem with your Video Card. Trying checking to see if your drivers are up to date.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

Do you have the stock power supply still in the machine?

If so, you will need to purchase and install at least a 450w to replace the stock unit, as it is does not have the power output to support the X800 video card.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Igam

Igam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:39 PM

Well I just bought a new video card (ATI RADEON X1300) and it fixed the problem, thanks very much for posting and helping! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users