Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guru's Needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Boyo

Boyo

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:29 PM

To make a long story short, I tried to disable the Welcome screen in Windows and it didn't work. Then I downloaded Tweak UI, made some changes, but now my rig has me locked out of logging onto the system.

My log on name has disappered from the Windows screen and all that is there is the Administrator icon. When I click on that it asks me for a password. But there is no password!!!! So when I click on that it won't let me log on with out entering a password. So without any password, I'm locked out of Windows.

On top of that, after pressing F8 continuously, I am unable to boot into safe mode. The PC just boots to the Administrator screen. Safe Mode seems to be disabled now.

Can someone please help me get my computer back up and running? Please???
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @2.64GHz|AC Freezer 64 Pro|Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe|Corsair 2GB PC3500LLPRO|eVGA 7900GT CO Superclocked|SB Audigy 2 ZS|Logitech MX1000|WD 74GB Raptor|WD 320GB Caviar SE16|WD 250GB Caviar RE16 eSATA Mobile |Lite-On DVD/CD with Lightscribe|Enermax Liberty 620W|Lian Li PC7 Plus II

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Boyo

Boyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:32 PM

Never mind. I was able to get back into my system using a trick from another baord....thanks anyway.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @2.64GHz|AC Freezer 64 Pro|Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe|Corsair 2GB PC3500LLPRO|eVGA 7900GT CO Superclocked|SB Audigy 2 ZS|Logitech MX1000|WD 74GB Raptor|WD 320GB Caviar SE16|WD 250GB Caviar RE16 eSATA Mobile |Lite-On DVD/CD with Lightscribe|Enermax Liberty 620W|Lian Li PC7 Plus II

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

I was able to get back into my system using a trick from another baord

Please tell us the 'fix'. It may be helpful to other members.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 Boyo

Boyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:46 AM

I went into my BIOS and realized that I had my Legacy USB set to disable, so that was preventing me from booting to safe mode because my keyboard is USB. So I enabled that setting which allowed me to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode I typed this in:

command prompt and then type in thusly: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

This allowed me to do a system restore, and I was back up and running.

Edited by Boyo, 03 December 2006 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users