Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Not Sure If I'm Allowed To Ask This Here,

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hello Everyone!!

I'm not sure if this is okay to ask here or not, so if not, please let me know and no hard feelings.

I moved into a new apartment and brought a DVD player with me. It worked great at home, and it worked great here........until it was unplugged and moved to the other side of an entertainment center that I got from a friend. Now, all of a sudden, no matter what DVD I put in, it shows in B&W, but the TV plays in color without a DVD. Does anyone have any ideas to try? My dad has tried unplugging everything and starting over and has played around with the cords by plugging them in different places, but still no luck.

As I said, if this is not an appropriate place to ask this question, please let me know. If it is OKAY to ask this question here, then I appreciate any help or suggestions anyone has. Thanks so much!

Have a GREAT day!!
Michele

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:40 PM

Hi Michelle

Try looking for a NTSC/PAL switch on your DVD player that may have been accidently changed during the move.

[1.33] Why is the picture black and white?

You are probably trying to play an NTSC disc in a PAL player, but your PAL TV is not able to handle the signal. If your player has a switch or on-screen setting to select the output format for NTSC discs, choosing PAL (60 Hz) may solve the problem. See section 1.19 for more information.

You may have connected one of the component outputs (Y, R-Y, or B-Y) of your DVD player to the composite input of your TV. See section 3.2 for hookup details.

http://www.allformp3.com/dvd-faqs/133.htm
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users