Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Failure?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Artistbydefault

Artistbydefault

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

WHen I book Up i have too hardware issues. One is my power supply fan..which im aware of and trying to get some cash to fix. THe second is recent. I have an error with my power supply V3.30. I have no idea what this means or what it could be...can anyone shed some light?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

I would immediately stop using that computer until the power supply is replaced!!!

ATX power supplies have outputs of 12 volts (and -12 volts), 5 volts and 3.3 volts. It sounds like besides the fan problem you are having a problem with the 3.3 volt output of the power supply.

Before you damage the PC, I suggest you shut it off!!!

#3 Artistbydefault

Artistbydefault
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:55 AM

I shut it off, rebooted, and i didnt get that error again.

This is a brand new power supply...i shouldnt be having this problem!

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:15 AM

Regardless, if you keep it up (if it is the PSU) you'll damage your system. Check the PSU out before restarting it. PSU testers are available for $10 online.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

This is a brand new power supply...i shouldnt be having this problem!

If it is "brand new power supply" you shouldn't be having an issue the "power supply fan" either.

If you are running the PSU without the fan running anything can happen. Even :thumbsup:. Just in case, I hope you have a fire extinguisher handy, preferably a CO2 or Halon. Dry chemical extinguishers are messy and hard to clean up, particularly the ABC type (monoammonium phosphate) that may damage electrical appliances such as a computer.

#6 Artistbydefault

Artistbydefault
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:08 AM

The power supply fan is running fine, i dont nkow what my computer is talking about...im starring at it right now work perfectly fine.

Its a Brand new power supply as in...i just spent 80 dollars on it about 1 month ago from Bestbuy. Again, i shouldnt be having a problem.

That issue hasnt come back up, but im confused to why it was a problem to begin with...

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:55 PM

Take your receipt and the power supply back to BestBuy. Tell them that you want to return it because it's not working properly. They should have a tech check it for functionality before they'll let you return it.

My local BestBuy stocks 2 kinds of PSU's - Dynex and Antec. I'm not impressed by the Dynex, but the Antec are good quality units.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users