Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ntldr Is Missing. Press Ctrl+alt+del To Restart.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schoko_bon

schoko_bon

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

NTLDR is missing
PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart .

Possible reason: I've installed several programs on my computer (antivirus, firewall etc.). Although, I've recieved warnings to restat, I didn't. (Because I thought I will do that after I finish with all installation work, but I forgot.) Next time, while turning on my computer, this message appeared.
May this be the possible reason?! Is something dangerous???

This is the message my computer shows me in the begining. I pressed these keys dozen times, but every time it shows me the same message! (I'm writting this from laptop)

You can look at your boot.ini file in msconfig (Start...Run...type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter).

I cannot even enter in windows! This message is the furthest I can go!!

On the link you gave to me, are some warnings to check my state or sth like that.I cannot checked them or make a back up because I cannot enter in windows at all!!!!

Some of my friend told me that the reinstalation windows (with repairing) is not the save way because I will lose all my programs and files from disk on which my windows are installed .Is this true??
They also said that the only way to save my files is to pull out my hard disk and put it in other computer and then save it. Is this true??

Edited by schoko_bon, 02 December 2006 - 02:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

See if the following helps:

Windows XP users
1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm#b

#3 schoko_bon

schoko_bon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:13 AM

I don't know what exactly is windows XP bootable cd :thumbsup: :flowers:
What if I don't have it?! Where can I get it??

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:23 AM

The Windows bootable cd is the Windows XP Installation cd that you used to install Windows XP on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users