Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lights.wmv

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:06 AM

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

Awesome! My mother sent me an email of this video recently. She knew I would be interested as we had been to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra a couple years ago (which was fascinating and a wonder btw). Reading the story about the lightshow is a treat. Thanks usasma. I'm going to send this link to my mother. I'm sure she would love to know the story behind the lights also.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:47 AM

Wow, it's truly incredible!!! Thanks so so much for sharing this link with us, usasma - just watching it is a Christmas gift in itself, kind man.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:43 AM

That was soooooo cool! :thumbsup:
I'm gonna send this to everyone!! :inlove:

Thanks for the link usasma!! :flowers: :trumpet:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#5 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:04 PM

Well I have to say someone really did have alot of time on their hands to edit that. It is blatent that this is purely done with a PC.
The main way to tell is there is a ten pin bowling arrangement of trees in the front garden. And 1 at the back will come on and then one further forward and so on. Well surely the one in front would stop you from seeing the ones behind.

And oalso when it shows a spead ray of light. Have you ever tried to chanel light in that way to show ion a video camera.

Anyway all that aside it is cool. Just a extreme amount of time spent making it. I supose we have to give him credit for that too as that is dedication.
Posted Image

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

That is a great show. I remember coming across it a year or two back and a comment made at that time was "I wonder what the neighbours think about it all?"

Cheers :thumbsup:

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#7 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:32 PM

Here is a page with plenty of other videos. They all use the light-o-rama controllers... I love these... too bad my parents don't want to by some :thumbsup:

http://www.lightorama.com/Videos.html

#8 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:09 AM

Thanks so much for these extra magical light shows, Klinkaroo! They've kept the kids amused for literally hours playing them over and over and over again! What fun and how kind of you to share this link with us!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#9 usasma

usasma

• Topic Starter

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

So, any ideas for future displays? I talked with the wife about this (she loves it also) and she's agreeable to me trying it next year. But I can't even pick out a song for it. Any help?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:41 AM

A medley of Christams Carols usasma?

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 usasma

usasma

• Topic Starter

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:00 PM

I'm looking for something with a "sharp" beat - so that I can sync the lites to it easily - and create something of a "story in lights". I'd considered using "Peter and the Wolf" - but it seems too complicated for folks driving by the house.

3 candidates so far are (using Pandora for songs like "Wizards in Winter":

Carol of the Bells - by Gary Hoey
Queen of the Winter Night
Christmas Jam

#12 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:40 AM

Wow, I can envision 'Carole of the Bells' set to lights and 'Christmas Jam' would be great fun too, usasma! This is so exciting that you and your wife are going to do this for next year - can't wait to see the results!

#13 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:58 PM

You are going to send your sound by FM?? I hope so cause I don't think speakers the neigbours will be too happy...

Don't forget to film it for us

BTW you picked a good time to get approval from the wife, right after christmas all the stores but their christmas lights on sale, get plenty.

Don't forget to calculate to make sure you have enough power. Nothing worse then starting up the display for the first time and everything turning off in the house...

Hope it turns out great :thumbsup:

#14 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:28 AM

I showed the vid to my niece and she was dancing all over the living room! She loved it and everyone else in the family!
Thanks again for sharing!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users