update.exe could be related to one of many programs, good and bad so you would need to investigate further and find the location it is running from. You can download and use Process Explorer
to investigate all processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems. This tool will show the process CPU useage, a description and its path.
Msnmsnr.exe is bad. See here
What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you tried doing a scan in "SAFE MODE
"?Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware
Free for Home Users
Download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe to install and use the default settings for installation.
- Run SUPERAntiSypware and update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Udates".
- When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
- There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
- When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- Select close to exit the program.
- Note: If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.
in "SAFE MODE
".(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware.)
Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions
and read the User Manual
Then perform this online Virus scan
: Trend Micro Housecall
<- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean
.[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Post back if your still having problems afterwards.