Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi! New user here

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dsfan68

dsfan68

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:48 PM

[FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]Hi. I saw this site while surfing. I have many computer issues , a ton of books , and I can not figure any of them out.
So I hope the fine people of this forum can help me so I don't have to resort to computer homicide

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 27 December 2004 - 02:37 AM

I have many computer issues , a ton of books , and I can not figure any of them out.

:flowers: Me either. I can only read so much before I have to ask a (probably) dumb question. So I continue to read, and ask (probably) dumb questions.
:thumbsup: In fact I encourage just that. I like to read the answers to (probably) dumb questions. Then I feel (probably) smart. :trumpet: Until I read more.

It never ends,
but at least here we can enjoy some brief periods of satisfaction commiserating amongst ourselves as we face the challenges made necessary by a technically advancing world.

BTW, the answer to [FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] is:
After typing whatever to the right of those tags...look off to the right of those dropdown menus where you got them in the first place. You'll see "close tags". Select to do that & then try "preview" and you see a noticable difference in the posts.

I'm goin' be checkin' for your next one, now....
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:40 AM

Good old books!

Welcome to BC!

#4 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:21 PM

:trumpet: to BC dsfan68.

As phawgg says no question is too dumm. Don't be ashamed of asking it even if you think it's silly, as we all have them......and remember, read and then read some more.......
The tutorials here are excellent and easiely understood too.....hell, even I can understand them :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your stay.

phawgg, you :flowers: me up mate !!
JTH

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

Everyone here started knowing very little, and now, thanks to this site, know a little more than we did. You will find everyone ready to help you, so never hesitate to ask questions.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:06 AM

oh, it's :flowers: at first site...finally someone else having trouble with the easy stuff....

dsfan68, if i can learn...anyone can. i was totally ready to :) ; however, these guys came :trumpet: to the rescue!!!

know what else? they're a great lot of :inlove: too!!!

so, welcome! welcome! :thumbsup: welcome! welcome! :P welcome! welcome! :spam: welcome! welcome! :bounce:welcome! welcome! B) welcome! welcome! :bounce:welcome! welcome! :spam: welcome! welcome! :bounce:welcome! welcome! :) welcome! welcome! :cool:

damgud!

#7 dsfan68

dsfan68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:34 AM

Thanks to you all for your welcome messages. I look forward to bothering you all for help :thumbsup: :flowers:

dsfan68

#8 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:08 AM

Yep.. :thumbsup: Reminds me of Don Henley's song "The heart of the matter.."

And the more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought Id figured out
I have to learn again..

Guess all life is about learning and forgetting what we learned. :flowers:
Welcome and have fun.. :trumpet:
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users