Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email adobe msword

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neverbeenhere

neverbeenhere

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:58 PM

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.The problem is with any email adobe attachment being received and converting to msword.Instead of converting to the original message,it is just a lot letters and figures.It doesn't matter what I do with the traslation nothing works.This becomes a big problem when you are waiting for something and you can't convert.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:02 PM

You should use Adobe Reader (free) to read .pdf files; the whole idea of these is to be system independent. I suppose you could download these, open with Reader, and then copy and paste to a word processsor.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 neverbeenhere

neverbeenhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

Thank you very much,I think my problem after reading your reply is that I don't
Know how to properly use adobe.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:51 PM

All you have to do is to save the .pdf file to your hard drive, then open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free download (if you don't have it already). or conversely, launch it, and find the file (just like Word, etc.) and open it.
Bear in mind that the reader is just that, and will prevent your editing or changing the contents (this is by design).
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 neverbeenhere

neverbeenhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:10 PM

Thank you John.
That worked fine and turned out to be very easy after all.

#6 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

Acrobat can be a pain if you just use it once in a while--very different but good :thumbsup:

Edited by EdBee, 04 January 2005 - 01:49 PM.

EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users