Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Usb Ports

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oward

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:20 AM

I have multiple products that need to be plugged into USB ports, yet I only have two ports on the back of my computer. Is there some sort of hub or expansion module that I can plug into the back of the computer so that I may leave more than two items plugged in at once. If so please advise as to what model I should get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:59 PM

You need a device called a USB hub. This hub plugs into one of your existing USB ports on your computer, and expands it by the amount of ports it has in the hub.

Two hubs that have gotten good reviews are by Dlink and Netgear.

I have includes links to these products on amazon:

Dlink 4 Port USB Hub

Netgear 4 Port USB Hub

Click on the Read more link to see info about the products.

Hope this helps.

#3 Xemus

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:04 AM

By the way, you can have up to 127 devices on a USB chain. Why would you need 127 USB devices? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users