Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dlance

Dlance

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

Does anyone know if why wen i reach a flash page it says installl missing plugins then I search and it says "Unknown Plugin, x/m2player" and I click it and it goes to the Microsoft windows media downloads, which ive already have (media 11). Help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:18 PM

What browser are you using? I could be that you need to download a flash player to see the material, you can download one here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:54 PM

http://reviews.cnet.com/Windows_Media_Play...7-31672645.html

CNET editors' review
Excellent
out of 10
The good: Windows Media Player 11 has a simple and visually effective interface; excellent performance, especially with large media libraries; and solid integration with Urge, its de facto music service.

The bad: Still in beta, Windows Media Player 11 has some bugs to work out, though we didn't notice any major ones. Plus, there's no podcast directory yet.

The bottom line: For Windows XP users, Windows Media Player 11 is a must-have upgrade. It's Microsoft's best jukebox effort to date, thanks to a thoughtful redesign, impressive performance, and a ton of useful features.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are experiencing problems that did not occur with WMP10, you may want to rollback from WMP11 to WMP10. Below is a link to directions to do that.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...sionofthePlayer
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Dlance

Dlance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

I'm using Mozilla FireFox and I've never used WMP10 so I don't know :thumbsup:

I downloaded that adobe flash player, but when i open the setup nothing appears.

Edited by Dlance, 03 December 2006 - 03:33 AM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,518 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

At the bottom of the page in the link below is the download for Flash uninstaller. Uninstall all instances of Flash from your computer and then on the top of the page is the link to download the latest version of flash.
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:42 AM

You said your using Firefox.
Have you tried downloading the Flash Player plugin for Firfox?
Firefox Plugins
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:33 AM

Are you using Firefox 2.0 and WMP 11? If so, I think it's just that the plug-in hasn't been updated for WMP11 (I had this problem on my Vista system).

Here's a link to the fix that I found: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...&highlight=
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Dlance

Dlance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:06 AM

Hey thanks that worked xD
Now I'm having a problem with Youtube because whenever I load something, it goes for 10 seconds, and then firefox freezes. When I close firefox, a popup says "a plugin has performed an illegal action, you are advised to restart firefox" (Shockwave Flash). How can I fix this one?

Edited by Dlance, 05 December 2006 - 03:27 AM.

#9 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:50 AM

If you are using FF this is the best invention since the toiletpaperPosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Dlance

Dlance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:26 AM

The "illegal plug - in message" still pops up nevertheless :thumbsup:, thus not allowing me to watch the clips on youtube. Any solutions?

#11 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:40 AM

If you are using FF this is the best invention since the toiletpaperPosted ImagePosted Image

This is working like... with me.Have no media problems whatsoever

#12 Dlance

Dlance
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:30 AM

I'm not having problems anymore with media but with youtube o_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users