Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Space Colony

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brstafford

brstafford

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

:flowers: I installed the game Space Colony on my PC. A few months later I did some type of "clean-up" on my laptop where it puts the computer in the same condition it was in on whatever previous date you indicate. At least thats what I thought, I'm a little tech handicapped. :thumbsup: Anyways, now I can't uninstall the game. The window that pops up says that "the file cannot be found". I also can't even play the game. Sometimes a window will pop up that says "could not authenticate the disk" but after a few times it will start. But the game won't really run, the screen is black w/o sound. The game is still taking up a lot of space on my computer so I either want to be able to uninstall it or at least play it! What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:22 PM

The two best suggestion I have would be to:

1. Find the folder where the game is installed at, then delete it.....
2. Delete all references of that program using a registry cleaner. A good one is http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleane...try_cleaner.htm

I may not explain it correctly, but when you delete, or try to delete a program and then afterwards go to the Windows Restore Point, if there is a problem....... you make the un-installation of that program worse.... and on top of that,, you load it on to your restored os.

Once you uninstall a program,,, NEVER go straight to the Restore Point that is built in Windows. you'll make things worse.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:40 AM

What about trying to reinstall the game to see if that fixes any problems?

#4 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:22 PM

Go to the Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs then find Space Colony and uninstall it, if its not there then likely its not installed on the computer anymore.
You will not like me if I'm angry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users