Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DSO Exploit yet again

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:49 PM

Greetings everyone, Because I have not used a chatroom before, I am not too sure how to go about it. Maybe I'm using the wrong 'box' for this message but it seemed to be the appropriate place to put it. Was searching the internet for Spybot DSO EXPLOITS and found your site. Downloaded Spybot a couple of days ago. Five DSO EXPLOITS keep on returning, despite being zapped again and again. Have read your literature and your advice about the problem. Seems I will have to live with. Oldsoldier, UK.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:04 PM

Hi OldSoldier, welcome to bleeping computer.

Sorry to hear about your troubles but they can be fixed.

Please click here to download and install HijackThis if you don't already have it. It's just about the most vital program to keep your computer running effectively and safely. You will find easy instructions there as well and where to post your log.

Also, be sure to name the DSO exploits that keep returning.

~67~

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:25 PM

Hi oldsoldier, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

The DSO thing is a known bug in Spybot S&D and can be fixed by downloading and installing this update;
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4392.html
You will not receive this fix from Spybot's own updates, you must download and install this program. Do not uninstall Spybot first, this fix needs Spybot installed to work.

If you are fully up to date with your windows updates, you are not at risk from the DSO exploits.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#4 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:00 PM

does that really exterminate the dso? i've had it for eons...in fact, i think it's still pinned in security. i just hit fix, and it does...the dso doesn't seem to be affecting my puter performance any.

#5 Zane

Zane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:54 AM

Thanx to Ronbo i found after running that download i had 80 exploits (mainly tracking cookies for damn firefox) including the 5 DSO exploits that kept returning :flowers:. A tip for new users though is make sure you havent got spybot search and destroy running when you download and install the file above as it complains and wont install otherwise. (a noobish mistake for me but meh it was 6 am that i got the inspiration to look :thumbsup:)
Thanx again. I have bookmarked your site and recommending you to anyone that i know with a pc that has internet capability.
Nice job guys cheers!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users