Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Does Not Fit Case

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boyinshirt

boyinshirt

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

First off, I'd just like to say hello to everybody, and thanks in advance to any replies. i'm stuck right now.

So i'm building my first computer, and I'm super stoked because everything finally came. I go to mount the motherboard in the case, and it doesn't fit in the back. Where the Mouse / Keyboard slots are supposed to be, they do not fit. If i slide one slot down, they fit into that hole as do all the other corresponding parts of the motherboard such as the monitor plug in, printer plug-in, etc.

see, now everything would be fine and dandy because everything finally fits, however my rear USB ports as well as the onboard LAN ports do not fit on the bottom of the motherboard.

I have This Motherboard and I bought this case

I need help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

your case looks fine, it looks big enough for ur MoBo. you might want to look for the I/O shield that came with your mobo and replace that and it should fit. if u need help go on youtube theres a video on how tto do that
How to install an I/O shield

the parts for my PC arrive tomorrow :thumbsup: :huh:

Edited by Slayer6571, 01 December 2006 - 12:11 AM.

#3 boyinshirt

boyinshirt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:14 AM

if an admin/mod could delete this, i have found the extra backplate that has come with my motherboard. this is why i love the internet. I shouldn't build a computer after 6 hours of school and 7 hours of work in one day on 4 hours sleep.

your case looks fine, it looks big enough for ur MoBo. you might want to look for the I/O shield that came with your mobo and replace that and it should fit. if u need help go on youtube theres a video on how tto do that
How to install an I/O shield

the parts for my PC arrive tomorrow :thumbsup: :huh:

yeah i found that. thanks!

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:21 AM

If your extra rear I/O panel will replace the rear of the case, then you're fine. If not... .. You'll have to improvise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users