Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT log -- Marty

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 MReed98643

MReed98643

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:33 PM

Hi -- In surfing the web recently, I landed on a Bruce Lee page with a flurry of popups. I wasn't aware of clicking anything, but I could tell right away that something was trying to install itself. As in the past, I immediately went into safe mode and ran Adaware SE, which found lots and lots of stuff. After doing the cleanup, I still had big problems. Opening Internet Explorer would bring up a message saying "Do you wish to watch a news video every day?" I then ran SpyBot Search & Destroy and CWShredder, to no avail. I followed various online instructions (using my other computer) to delete some registry entries and files. I was finding things like Virtual Bouncer and SurfSideKick2. Somehow I got rid of the "news video" message, but now everytime I go on the web I get popups galore, and my system seems to run slower even when I'm offline. My Norton Antivirus will point to two files in "c:\Windows\System32". One is "gziqpi.dll" and the other is "qygkvg.dat". The dat file got my attention before when a web page told me to look for a dat file with "this program will not run in DOS mode" in the first line, which this file has. I read that this was an indicator of Narrator, but Norton attributes both of these files to QoolAid. Norton and other programs will delete these for me, but on rebooting, they're back again. In safe mode, Norton doesn't even detect them. I tried killing them with KillBox, but they always come back. Can someone please help me? Here is my HJT log. Thanks for any help! :thumbsup: -- Marty

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 3:55:29 PM, on 12/26/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\SoftFolder\PPLockUp\pplw.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Philips Speech\DPM 2.0\DPMApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CardDlxConfig.exe
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\yoqgkq.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Application Data\eetu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rnrint40.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DM1Service.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\aswp\Suite8\Programs\DAD8.EXE
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bitvise WinSSHD\winsshd.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Desktop\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SM1BG] C:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPLockUp] C:\Program Files\SoftFolder\PPLockUp\pplw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DPMApp] "C:\Program Files\Philips Speech\DPM 2.0\DPMApp.exe" /h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CSV10P70] C:\Program Files\CSBB\CSv10P070.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CardDlxConfig] CardDlxConfig.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sivglsd] C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aida] C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Application Data\eetu.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HB33RUYEX] rnrint40.exe
O4 - Startup: Outlook Express.lnk = C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to PhonTool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Classic PhoneTools\PhonTool.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = C:\QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Corel Desktop Application Director 8.LNK = C:\aswp\Suite8\Programs\DAD8.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 2.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check 2.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE Calendar Checker .lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shock...ash/swflash.cab

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:01 AM

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.. Delete the copy you have and download the latest version of HijackThis!: Download here HJT 1.99.. Save it on your Desktop. You will need now to unzip hijackthis.exe to a permanent folder, such as c:\hjt . This has to be done as HijackThis creates backups. You may need to use these backups.

First create a new folder:
A. Click My Computer icon on your desktop
B. Click C: drive
C. Click the File menu --> New --> Folder, a folder "New folder" will be created.
D. Rename it HJT

Unzip hijackthis.exe to the c:\HJT folder.

Please post a new hijackthis log.
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

#3 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:25 PM

Okay, here's my new HJT log. As you can probably see, there are certain things I have to keep running on work days, such as my WinSSHD server, Phonetools, and Outlook Express. Thanks for your help! -- Marty

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 9:19:49 AM, on 12/27/2004

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Application Data\eetu.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rnrint40.exe
C:\Program Files\Classic PhoneTools\PhonTool.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\OPScan.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DPMApp] "C:\Program Files\Philips Speech\DPM 2.0\DPMApp.exe" /h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aida] C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Application Data\eetu.exe
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to PhonTool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Classic PhoneTools\PhonTool.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Corel Desktop Application Director 8.LNK = C:\aswp\Suite8\Programs\DAD8.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 2.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check 2.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE Calendar Checker .lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: DM1Service - OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD - C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DM1Service.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WinSSHD - Bitvise - C:\Program Files\Bitvise WinSSHD\winsshd.exe

#4 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:20 PM

Hi :thumbsup:

Please uninstall from Add\Remove Programs:

Please print or copy these instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.

Download Ad-aware SE 1.05: here
Install it. When you get the last screen, with the "Finish" button and 3 options, uncheck those three items.
Open AdAware and click the "Check for updates now" link. Close AdAware. Don't use it yet.

Download System Security Suite here:
System Security Suite Download & Tutorial. Unzip it to your desktop.
Install the program. Don't use it yet.

Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders:
A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
B. Click the View tab.
C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.
How to see hidden files in Windows

REBOOT into SafeMode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup: Starting your computer in Safe mode

Run HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

Search for these files and delete them if found:
C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Application Data\eetu.exe <-- this file
rnrint40.exe <-- this file, search for it

Delete these folders:
C:\Program Files\CSBB\ <-- this folder

Run AdAware, press the "Start" button, uncheck "Scan for negligible risk entries", select "Perform full system scan" and press "Next". Let AdAware remove anything it finds.

With all windows and browsers closed.
Clean out temporary and Temporary Internet Files.
A. Open System Security Suite.
B. In the Items to Clear tab thick:
- Internet Explorer (left pane): Cookies & Temporary files
- My Computer (right pane): Temporary files & Recycle Bin
Press the Clear Selected Items button.
Close the program.

REBOOT normally.

Copy and paste the contents of the following quotebox into Notepad:

dir C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe /a h > files.txt
notepad files.txt

Save it as FindFile.bat and save it on your Desktop.

Locate FindFile.bat on your Desktop and double-click on it. It will open Notepad with some text in it. Please post the text here.

Run HijackThis! again and post a new log please.

Posted Image

#5 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:00 PM

Okay, I went down the list and did it all. I couldn't find eetu.exe by navigating or searching. I do find a couple of DLLs that start with SSK in that folder. Is that anything to worry about? I found and deleted rnrint40.exe. I couldn't find the folder CSBB anywhere.

Here's the text that came up when I ran findfile.bat:

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is ACB4-3291

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\System32

08/29/2002 03:00 AM 2,112 WINSPOOL.EXE
12/08/2004 07:43 AM 389,120 w?nspool.exe
2 File(s) 391,232 bytes

Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Desktop

Here's my new HJT log:

Scan saved at 3:49:36 PM, on 12/27/2004

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ypfinf.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: DM1Service - OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD - C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DM1Service.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

Thanks again -- Marty

#6 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:33 PM

I do find a couple of DLLs that start with SSK in that folder. Is that anything to worry about?

You must give me more information about this :flowers:. I have no idea ...

You will find two files with the same name in the C:\WINDOWS\System32\ folder: winspool.exe. One is bad and one is a legitimate Windows file. You must delete the bad file. Right click on each file and select Properties. In the General tab the legitimate file has this Description: Windows 16-bit WOW Psuedo Printer Driver, Size = 2,112 bytes. Do not delete this file.

The bad file has this size = 389,120 bytes, description is unknown, and sure it is not a Microsift file :thumbsup:.

If only the legitimate file is visble:

Copy the contents of the Quote Box below to Notepad.
Click File menu -> Save and name the file as unhide.reg
Change the Save as Type to All Files
Save this file on the desktop.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"SearchSystemDirs"=dword:00000001
"SearchHidden"=dword:00000001
"IncludeSubFolders"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Hidden"=dword:00000001
"ShowSuperHidden"=dword:00000001

Double-click on the unhide.reg file you saved on your desktop, and when it prompts to merge say Yes.

REBOOT your machine.

Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders:
A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
B. Click the View tab.
C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.
How to see hidden files in Windows

Look for the bad file and delete it. Look also for eetu.exe, and delete it, it could be also superhidden.

REBOOT and post a new hijackthis log please.

Posted Image

#7 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:12 PM

Both the eetu.exe and winspool.exe came up after running unhide.reg, and I deleted them. The winspool wasn't even in proper alphabetical order. I'm getting a good feeling about this now. :thumbsup:

The two files in my ApplicationData folder that I was curious about are called "sskcwrd.dll" and "sskknwrd.dll" -- They got my attention because when I was getting rid of SurfSideKick2 I was told to be suspicious of anything that had "ssk" in it. I didn't want to go deleting things based on that vague suggestion though.

Here's my new log:

Scan saved at 5:01:32 PM, on 12/27/2004

Running processes:

#8 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:01 AM

Download Find It NT-2K-XP.zip.

Unzip the contents of Find It NT-2K-XP.zip to a folder, for example c:\findit

Navigate to the c:\findit folder and double-click on find.bat.
A command prompt will open and it will search your computer for malicious files.

Once it has finished a Notepad window will pop up with output.txt.
Copy the entire contents of output.txt into your next post.

Please download and run Silent Runners.vbs: http://www.silentrunners.org/

If you have a script blocking program you will get a warning asking if you want to allow Silent Runners.vbs to run. Allow the script to run.

Post the log please and a new hijackthis log.

Posted Image

#9 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:56 PM

Thanks Cryo. Here are the two logs plus my HJT log. I notice today that a folder called !Submit has returned, which I deleted sometime back, and it contains four files that I also deleted sometime back. I'm confident that the good guys (you) will win.

Warning! This utility will find legitimate files in addition to malware.
Do not remove anything unless you are sure you know what you're doing.

Find.bat is running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Desktop\Downloads\Fix SurfSideKick2\FindIt\Find It NT-2K-XP\Find It NT-2K-XP

------- System Files in System32 Directory -------

12/28/2004 03:24 AM <DIR> DLLCACHE
12/30/2003 12:03 AM <DIR> Microsoft
0 File(s) 0 bytes
2 Dir(s) 100,314,558,464 bytes free

------- Hidden Files in System32 Directory -------

12/28/2004 03:24 AM <DIR> DLLCACHE
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 488 logonui.exe.manifest
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 488 WindowsLogon.manifest
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 749 nwc.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 749 sapi.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 749 ncpa.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 749 wuaucpl.cpl.manifest
09/03/2002 06:57 AM 749 cdplayer.exe.manifest
7 File(s) 4,721 bytes
1 Dir(s) 100,314,558,464 bytes free

---------- Files Named "Guard" -------------

--------- Temp Files in System32 Directory --------

08/29/2002 03:00 AM 2,577 CONFIG.TMP
1 File(s) 2,577 bytes
0 Dir(s) 100,314,554,368 bytes free

---------------- User Agent ------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]

------------ Keys Under Notify ------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain]
"Asynchronous"=dword:00000000
"Impersonate"=dword:00000000
"DllName"=hex(2):63,72,79,70,74,33,32,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"Logoff"="ChainWlxLogoffEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet]
"DllName"=hex(2):63,72,79,70,74,6e,65,74,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"Logoff"="CryptnetWlxLogoffEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll]
"DLLName"="cscdll.dll"
"Logon"="WinlogonLogonEvent"
"Logoff"="WinlogonLogoffEvent"
"ScreenSaver"="WinlogonScreenSaverEvent"
"Startup"="WinlogonStartupEvent"
"Shutdown"="WinlogonShutdownEvent"
"StartShell"="WinlogonStartShellEvent"
"Asynchronous"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\PCANotify]
"Unlock"="WLEventUnlock"
"Lock"="WLEventLock"
"Startup"="WLEventStartup"
"DllName"="PCANotify.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp]
"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"
"Logon"="SCardStartCertProp"
"Logoff"="SCardStopCertProp"
"Lock"="SCardSuspendCertProp"
"Unlock"="SCardResumeCertProp"
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Impersonate"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule]
"DllName"=hex(2):77,6c,6e,6f,74,69,66,79,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"StartShell"="SchedStartShell"
"Logoff"="SchedEventLogOff"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy]
"Logoff"="WLEventLogoff"
"DllName"=hex(2):73,63,6c,67,6e,74,66,79,2e,64,6c,6c,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn]
"DLLName"="WlNotify.dll"
"Lock"="SensLockEvent"
"Logon"="SensLogonEvent"
"Logoff"="SensLogoffEvent"
"Safe"=dword:00000001
"MaxWait"=dword:00000258
"StartScreenSaver"="SensStartScreenSaverEvent"
"StopScreenSaver"="SensStopScreenSaverEvent"
"Startup"="SensStartupEvent"
"Shutdown"="SensShutdownEvent"
"StartShell"="SensStartShellEvent"
"PostShell"="SensPostShellEvent"
"Disconnect"="SensDisconnectEvent"
"Reconnect"="SensReconnectEvent"
"Unlock"="SensUnlockEvent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv]
"DllName"=hex(2):77,6c,6e,6f,74,69,66,79,2e,64,6c,6c,00
"Logoff"="TSEventLogoff"
"Logon"="TSEventLogon"
"PostShell"="TSEventPostShell"
"Shutdown"="TSEventShutdown"
"StartShell"="TSEventStartShell"
"Startup"="TSEventStartup"
"MaxWait"=dword:00000258
"Reconnect"="TSEventReconnect"
"Disconnect"="TSEventDisconnect"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon]
"DLLName"="wlnotify.dll"
"Logon"="RegisterTicketExpiredNotificationEvent"
"Logoff"="UnregisterTicketExpiredNotificationEvent"

------------------ Locate.com Results ------------------

No matches found.

------------ Strings.exe Qoologic Results ------------

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmxaqx.exe: updates.qoologic.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zusnas.dll: updates.qoologic.com

-------------- Strings.exe Aspack Results -------------

----------------- HKLM Run Key ------------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"DwlClient"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Dell\\EUSW\\Support.exe"
"TkBellExe"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Real\\Update_OB\\realsched.exe\" -osboot"
"SM1BG"="C:\\WINDOWS\\SM1BG.EXE"
"RoxioDragToDisc"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Roxio\\Easy Media Creator 7\\Drag to Disc\\DrgToDsc.exe\""
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"PPLockUp"="C:\\Program Files\\SoftFolder\\PPLockUp\\pplw.exe"
"PCMService"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dell\\Media Experience\\PCMService.exe\""
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"MMTray"="C:\\Program Files\\MUSICMATCH\\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\\mm_tray.exe"
"mmtask"="c:\\Program Files\\MusicMatch\\MusicMatch Jukebox\\mmtask.exe"
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3\\hpztsb09.exe"
"HP Software Update"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\HP Software Update\\HPWuSchd.exe\""
"DVDSentry"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\DSentry.exe"
"DPMApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Philips Speech\\DPM 2.0\\DPMApp.exe\" /h"
"CardDlxConfig"="CardDlxConfig.exe"
"BCMSMMSG"="BCMSMMSG.exe"
"ccApp"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\ccApp.exe\""
"SSC_UserPrompt"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Symantec Shared\\Security Center\\UsrPrmpt.exe"
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\SYMNET~1\\SNDMon.exe"
"Narrator"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\yoqgkq.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

Here is the Silent Runners log:

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 28, launched at: 09:44
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"
Operating System: Windows XP

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]
"MoneyAgent" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"" [MS]
"MSMSGS" = ""C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"DwlClient" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe" ["Dell"]
"TkBellExe" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
"SM1BG" = "C:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE" ["Cypress Semiconductor"]
"RoxioDragToDisc" = ""C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"" ["Roxio"]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"PPLockUp" = "C:\Program Files\SoftFolder\PPLockUp\pplw.exe" [null data]
"PCMService" = ""C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"" ["CyberLink Corp."]
"NvCplDaemon" = "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup" [MS]
"MMTray" = "C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe" ["MUSICMATCH, Inc."]
"mmtask" = "c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe" ["TODO: <Company name>"]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe" ["HP"]
"HP Software Update" = ""C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"" ["Hewlett-Packard"]
"DVDSentry" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe" ["Dell - Advanced Desktop Engineering"]
"DPMApp" = ""C:\Program Files\Philips Speech\DPM 2.0\DPMApp.exe" /h" ["Philips Speech Processing"]
"CardDlxConfig" = "CardDlxConfig.exe" ["Digital Audio Labs, Inc."]
"BCMSMMSG" = "BCMSMMSG.exe" ["Broadcom Corporation"]
"ccApp" = ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"SSC_UserPrompt" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor" = "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Narrator" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\yoqgkq.exe" [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\
"{306D6C21-C1B6-4629-986C-E59E1875B8AF}\(Default)" = ""
\StubPath = ""C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dll",ShowIconsUser" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHlprObj Class"
-> resolves to: {CLSID}\InprocServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll" ["Adobe Systems Incorporated"]
{243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> resolves to: {CLSID}\InprocServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll" [MS]
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> resolves to: {CLSID}\InprocServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
{BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}\(Default) = "NAV Helper"
-> resolves to: {CLSID}\InprocServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{DEE12703-6333-4D4E-8F34-738C4DCC2E04}" = "RecordNow! SendToExt"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\Program Files\Sonic\RecordNow!\shlext.dll" ["Sonic Solutions"]
"{955B7B84-5308-419c-8ED8-0B9CA3C56985}" = "6 Months of AOL Included"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aolshare\shell\us\shellext.dll" ["America Online, Inc."]
"{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpshellext.dll" ["RealNetworks"]
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{5E44E225-A408-11CF-B581-008029601108}" = "Roxio DragToDisc Shell Extension"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\Shellex.dll" ["Roxio"]
"{0873D142-79EF-49fa-81B5-211AAC0B0A7F}" = "Target Finder Shell Extension"
-> CLSID InProcServer32 resolves to: "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Creator Classic\TargetFinder.dll" [empty string]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\
INFECTION WARNING! "PCANotify\DLLName" = "PCANotify.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]

Startup items in "Marty" & "All Users" startup folders:
-------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Outlook Express" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE" [MS]
"Shortcut to PhonTool" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Classic PhoneTools\PhonTool.exe" ["BVRP Software"]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
"America Online 9.0 Tray Icon" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe -check" ["America Online, Inc."]
"Billminder" -> shortcut to: "C:\QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE" ["Intuit"]
"Corel Desktop Application Director 8" -> shortcut to: "C:\aswp\Suite8\Programs\DAD8.EXE" ["Corel Corporation Limited"]
"Device Detector 2" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe" ["OLYMPUS Optical Co.,Ltd"]
"EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check 2" -> shortcut to: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_SRCV02.EXE" ["SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION"]
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]
"Quicken Startup" -> shortcut to: "C:\QUICKENW\QWDLLS.EXE" ["Intuit"]
"strings.exe" [null data]
"Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE Calendar Checker " -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 4.0 SE\CalCheck.exe" ["Ulead Systems, Inc."]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"accuscript daily" -> launches: "C:\accuscript\asutil\AsMonitor.exe" ["Accuscript"]
"accuscript nightly" -> launches: "C:\accuscript\asutil\AsPurge.exe" ["Accuscript"]
"filemonitor" -> launches: "C:\AccuScript\AsUtil\filemon.bat" [null data]
"fileproc" -> launches: "C:\AccuScript\AsUtil\fileproc.bat" [null data]
"LaunchTempReboot" -> launches: "C:\accuscript\asutil\LaunchTempReboot.exe" ["Accuscript"]
"McAfee.com Update Check (HYLKV01-Marty)" -> launches: "C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe /Schedule" [file not found]
"monmsg" -> launches: "C:\accuscript\asutil\MonMsg.exe" ["Accuscript"]
"Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer - Marty" -> launches: "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\Navw32.exe /task:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus\Tasks\mycomp.sca"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"ProcessDownload" -> launches: "C:\accuscript\asutil\ProcessDownload.exe" ["Accuscript"]
"purgemsg" -> launches: "C:\accuscript\asutil\MsgTemplate.exe" ["Accuscript"]
"Symantec NetDetect" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE" ["Symantec Corporation"]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

AOL Connectivity Service, AOL ACS, "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe" ["America Online, Inc."]
DM1Service, DM1Service, "C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DM1Service.exe" ["OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD"]
EPSON Printer Status Agent2, EPSONStatusAgent2, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe" ["SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION"]
Machine Debug Manager, MDM, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe"" [MS]
Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service, navapsvc, ""C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service, NPFMntor, "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, NVSvc, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
Symantec Core LC, Symantec Core LC, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Event Manager, ccEvtMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Network Drivers Service, SNDSrvc, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec Settings Manager, ccSetMgr, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"" ["Symantec Corporation"]
Symantec SPBBCSvc, SPBBCSvc, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
WAN Miniport (ATW) Service, WANMiniportService, ""C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe"" ["America Online, Inc."]
WinSSHD, WinSSHD, "C:\Program Files\Bitvise WinSSHD\winsshd.exe" ["Bitvise"]

----------
This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
----------

Now the HJT log

Scan saved at 9:53:39 AM, on 12/28/2004

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Narrator] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yoqgkq.exe
O4 - Global Startup: strings.exe

#10 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:12 PM

OK, found it :flowers:

Download Find-qoologic.zip from here
http://forums.skads.org/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=63
Unzip the the files to a folder, for example Qoologic, open the Qoologic folder, and run qoologic.bat. Wait for it to finish.
It will take a while untill the DOS window disapears and disk activity stops. It will produce a log here c:\log.txt. Post please that log.

You can delete the !Submit folder. It was created by Killbox, when you killed some files :thumbsup:.

The two files in my ApplicationData folder that I was curious about are called "sskcwrd.dll" and "sskknwrd.dll" -- They got my attention because when I was getting rid of SurfSideKick2 I was told to be suspicious of anything that had "ssk" in it. I didn't want to go deleting things based on that vague suggestion though.

Yes the files are bad, probably part of TV Media: sskcwrd.dll + sskknwrd.dll

You can delete both.

Edited by cryo, 28 December 2004 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#11 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

Hi Cryo -- I've tried to run Qoologic.bat a couple of times now, and it gives me this message: "Windows cannot find 'log.txt'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." :thumbsup: Hopefully a quick fix. Thanks for the info about the other files and folder I had mentioned. -- Marty

#12 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

Yes, I'm getting this message too :thumbsup:

But the log.txt is there. Open Windows Explorer and click the C: drive. log.txt is there.

Posted Image

#13 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:52 PM

Oh, sure enough. Here's what it says -- Thanx :thumbsup:

C:\Documents and Settings\Marty\Desktop\Downloads\Fix SurfSideKick2\Qoologic\find_qooligic\qoologic

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, THERE MIGHT BE LEGIT FILES LISTED AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE FIXING. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Files Found in system Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmxaqx.exe: updates.qoologic.com
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zusnas.dll: updates.qoologic.com

Files Found in all users startup Folder............
------------------------
Files Found in all users windows Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\LPT$VPN.319: TROJ_QOOLOGIC.B
C:\WINDOWS\LPT$VPN.319: TROJ_QOOLOGIC.A
C:\WINDOWS\VPTNFILE.319: TROJ_QOOLOGIC.B
C:\WINDOWS\VPTNFILE.319: TROJ_QOOLOGIC.A
C:\WINDOWS\eFaxView.exe: .aspack
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.08.04
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.08.03
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.08.02b
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.08.01
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.08
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.07b
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.61
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.05b
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.03
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.02
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.01
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPack 1.00
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPACK EXE
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: ASPACK2 EXE
Finished

#14 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:15 AM

Run HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Narrator] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yoqgkq.exe

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

Download KillBox here: KillBox. Unzip it to your desktop.

Disconnect from the internet.

Select the Delete on reboot option.

Copy and paste the following file to the field labeled "Full path of file to delete"
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pmxaqx.exe

Press the Delete button (the button that looks like a red circle with a white X in it).

A first dialog box will ask if you want to delete the file on reboot, press the YES button.

A second dialog box will ask you if you want to REBOOT now. Press the NO button.

Repeat the step above for this file:

Copy and paste the following file to the field labeled "Full path of file to delete"
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zusnas.dll

Press the Delete button (the button that looks like a red circle with a white X in it).

A first dialog box will ask if you want to delete the file on reboot, press the YES button.

A second dialog box will ask you if you want to REBOOT now. Press the YES button.

Your computer will reboot.

Post a new log please.

Edited by cryo, 29 December 2004 - 05:17 AM.

Posted Image

#15 MReed98643

MReed98643
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:45 PM

Okay, I had HJT fix the Narrator entry and killed those three files with KillBox. Here's my latest HJT log. Sorry if my response times have been a little slow. Don't these things always attack at the busiest times of our lives? :thumbsup:

I can already tell my computer is doing much better. I'm actually not seeing any of the evil activity at the moment. :flowers:

Scan saved at 2:35:45 PM, on 12/29/2004

Running processes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users