Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Cards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rayandmaura

rayandmaura

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

Microsoft says I need to upgrade my graphics to support vista on my pc. I dont have much money and was wondering if anyone could reccommend a suitable cheap one? Im not a gamer and to be honest I have no clue what I could get by with. I was thinking I could go to ebay if I knew what to look for. I hope this forum is the proper location for this post and I apolagize if its not. Any suggestions would be appreciated very much..

Thank You

- RAY -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:20 AM

Vista is a very graphics intensive OS - so your system performance will depend on the graphics card more than it would in XP.

So, let us know what kind of card Imake and model) that you have now, and if it's AGP or PCIe (or even PCI) to see what kind of card we can recommend.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 rayandmaura

rayandmaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:25 AM

I hope this is what you needed.- Intel 82845g\gl\pe\gv graphics controller-..
also I see - Intel extreme graphics 3D accelerator-

Thank You

_ RAY _

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

Since you have integrated graphics we'll need to know if this is a laptop or a desktop PC.

Also, please include the make and model of the PC (or the motherboard if custom built).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 rayandmaura

rayandmaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:53 PM

Its a Dell Dimension 2400 desktop pc. Nothing fancy at all but, it wont take much to upgrade to vista . I know I need more RAM also to support Vista an was wondering if youd know a reliable reasonably price outlet to help me with that?

#6 rayandmaura

rayandmaura
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:44 PM

I just did a "chat" session with dell and according to them because this pc has intergrated graphics i cannot in any way upgrade to vista. I cannot beleive we bought these Pcs new 2 years ago and cannot upgrad our OS on them. What a joke. I guess I should have listened to all the people who told me to stay away from dell. Anyways thank you for all your help..
- RAY -

#7 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:26 AM

That's a load of crap.I have a 6 year old PC and I upgraded no problem mine has the same card intergrated too

you'll need to have a 3D card to upgrade though. I have a Nvidia Ge Force 5200 FX and it works fine.

Edited by DemonSui, 03 December 2006 - 03:27 AM.

Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

#8 Archer-of-Death

Archer-of-Death

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

I recommend waiting for DirectX 10 to come out for cheaper cards.
-AoD recommendation

#9 DemonSui

DemonSui

• Members
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:55 PM

my card is lke $60USD right now
Let free your emotions so I can destroy them!

PSP M33 USER.

MY new PC is a laptop and I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users