Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.antimcafee.b

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedRobin1

RedRobin1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

I keep getting infected with Trojan.AntiMcAfee.B. At least that is what Spyware Doctor is telling me ; four or five times this week. Another 62 infections listed today of the same. And it's always about the same number...62 and once, 45.
I use Firefox almost exclusively because I hate spyware.
I reinstalled my McAfee today because I had really odd statistics listed in the firewall logs. It was saying that the total number of items for this week were the same as for this month. Also, the anti-virus program was doing bizarre things. like telling me there was something in here, but it couldn't remove it. I do system scans for virusues and spyware with the McAfee and it comes up with nothing every time. I had to do a system restore not long ago, too, so I don't know if that is why a lot of this is happening, because after a restore I get a warning message that parts of McAfee Anti-virus are either not installed or installed incorrectly. I finally got fed up with it and re-installed to try to help this.
Everything else seems to be okay, so I really don't know. I don't know where I keep getting that infection from,either, and Spyware Doctor is the only one that seems to find it. I also have Ad-Aware SE and a2 Personal which I alternately use to intermittently check this computer, as per recommendations from people on Dell Forums. What one doesn't catch another might. I obviously don't run them at the same time. I posted a log file w/Tom Coyote's site and it's been looked at, but no response. I suppose that maybe there is nothing to worry about?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:41 AM

You might want to try Bitdefender and post the report overhere.

#3 RedRobin1

RedRobin1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:09 PM

I got hold of McAfee because I wound up reinstalling my security suite because of errors and also asked them about this trojan. They said it is a false positive. That explains why it is so frequent. Apparently Spyware Doctor is reporting it as being in my computer, when in fact, it isn't. Thank you for your help, though. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users