Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log:please Help Diagnose

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dicky button

dicky button

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

I have a trojan identified by Avast V 4.7 as ' Win32:Qqpass-CL

Avast cannot remove it as it says it is in afolder being used by another processs. I have used AVG rootkit (nothing detected) Ad Aware SE (29 files quarantined) and Spybot search and destroy (27 files deleted).
When I boot up and initiate Avast -i t still identifies the trojan as being present.
I have followed the instructions and created a logfile. can anyone help me out ?

Thanks in Anticipation.

Dicky

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:57:02, on 30/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
F:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
F:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
F:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
F:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
F:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
F:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
F:\WINDOWS\System32\SVCH0ST.EXE
F:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
F:\WINDOWS\System32\systen32.exe
F:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
F:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hijack this\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - F:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - F:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] F:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] F:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [systen32.exe] F:\WINDOWS\System32\systen32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] F:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D85DD9F6-1604-48D9-8129-AD0C8113BD5E}: NameServer = 212.139.132.6 212.139.132.7
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:20 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:

Please run the F-Secure Online Scanner

Note: This Scanner is for Internet Explorer Only!
  • Follow the Instruction on the F-Secure page for proper installation.
  • Accept the License Agreement.
  • Once the ActiveX installs,Click Full System Scan
  • Once the download completes,the scan will begin automatically.
  • The scan will take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes, click the Automatic cleaning (recommended) button.
  • Click the Show Report button and Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Please post a new hijackthis log also.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#3 dicky button

dicky button
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:59 AM

Sam

Thank you for the prompt response - however, thankfully I have identified the offending files and used the appropriate software to remove them.
All is now OK.

Great Site

Kind Regards

Dicky

#4 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:22 AM

Good to hear! :thumbsup:

Now that your problem appears to be resolved, this thread will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users