Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 camhames

camhames

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

Hi Everyone!
I don't really get "out" very often (chatting, posting, etc.) with people that I don't know, instead, usually working and doing my thing, so...Nice to meet you all!
I love technology although there was a time when I didn't think I would ever want or need a computer. When I started my business though, I jumped in with both feet & found things moving at awesome speed...evrything but ME!! I did what everyone would do & ask my sons, what features do I need in a computer? I took their advice, shopped around for two or three weeks & upgraded to one I knew that I would be happier with...kinda like a 'monster truck'! Of course they were a bit jealous because I didn't have a clue as to 'operate' it & they did. They were extremely patient with me during many phone calls of advice & instruction (I think that was a small price to pay compared to raising three boys!) :thumbsup:
I am definitely self-taught, it's the guaranteed way to remember! and have picked up a little over the last 2 years but I am so thankful for the "GURUS"! I become so completely absorbed in playing detective in areas that I know nothing about and finally admit that I just can't crack the case, I mean, life has to go on! Hence, I come before you (soon, in another post) & humbly seek your guidance!!! :flowers:
I really appreciate the ease of using the site. I hope everyone has a great day!
camhames

"The speed of the leader determines the speed of the pack".

Mod Edit: Edited to close open tags. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 30 November 2006 - 08:30 AM.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Compaq Presario R3399CL
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 501MB used, 1958MB available
Motherboard: ??
Hard Drive: TOTAL: 74.5 GB > USED 58.3 GB > FREE 20.6 GB
Web Browser: IE 6.0
Anti-Virus: AVG Free, Windows Defender
Anti-Spyware: AdAware SE, Spybot S&D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:27 AM

Hi, camhames.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:32 AM

As you have discovered, computers are very complex organisms that become more and more complex as we ask them to help us do more varied tasks. Because of this, it is almost impossible to be an expert in every area, especially those we use infrequently.
As you also have discovered, in forums such as BC, members will share experience and expertise in different areas, educating and helping each other.
Welcome to this great user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users