Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Caused By Nvidia Graphics Driver - Xp Crashing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silvershadowfish

silvershadowfish

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

I have a PowerSPec (MicroCenter house brand) PC that I recently had a hard drive crash. I took out the offending drive, installed a new one, and reloaded XP.

The PC works fine, and I've installed several pieces of software that also function correctly.

The issue I have is when playing any video. The screen will halt, the mouse freezes, and then Windows shuts down. It happens every time.

When the PC reboots, the error reporting feature of Windows tell me this:

Error caused by NVIDIA Graphics Driver: no specific solution found

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An unknown error occurred in NVIDIA Graphics Driver, created by NVIDIAŽ Corporation.

Recommendations

NVIDIAŽ Corporation is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

I looked for the video drivers from the nvidia site, and it said i already had the lastest. I rebooted and still experienced the problem.

I reloaded the drivers again anyway. Thuis did not resolve the problem.

I can not seem to make ANY other event cause the problem, other than playing video.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

Is this what you need?

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:18 AM

Download the drivers that 1972 vet suggested. Then go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall the nVidia drivers from there. Then install the one's that you've downloaded.

Sometimes even this isn't enough and you'll have to use a Driver Cleaner to get rid of the traces. Let us know and I'll find my list of driver removal tools.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:28 PM

If the newest updated drivers do not solve the problem try rolling back to an older one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users