Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Headache

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jzarkman

jzarkman

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

I keep getting this message if i try to view some videos on line. What does this mean???

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

C00D11B3: Encountered a network error
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the Player encountered a network error. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
The server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online). Try again later.
You are not connected to the local area network (LAN) or to the Internet. Connect to the network or Internet, and then try again.
The proxy server settings for the Player are not configured properly. Verify that your proxy settings are correct, and then try again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

Check this came from here

C00D11B3: Encountered a network problem
Windows Media Player encountered a network problem. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

* The server is not online or is busy. Try again later.
* You are not connected to the local area network (LAN) or to the Internet. Connect to the network or Internet, and then try again.
* The proxy server settings for the Player are not configured properly. Verify that your proxy settings are correct, and then try again.

To verify your proxy server settings

* On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Network tab, and then verify your settings in the Streaming proxy settings area.

Notes

* If you do not know what your proxy server settings should be, on the Network tab, select a protocol, click Configure, and then select Autodetect proxy settings or Use proxy settings of the Web browser (available for HTTP protocol only).
* If you are connected to the Internet through a dial-up connection, you might not be able to choose the proxy server. For more information, consult your Internet service provider or network administrator.

#3 jzarkman

jzarkman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:37 PM

Tried that and still nothing. Any other ideas would be helpful. Thanks for the speedy response.

#4 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

It could very well be that the file you're trying to see is not available, or the site is having problems.

Try to find a video that you know will load online, and if it loads, then your MediaPlayer is fine. I would imagine uTube would be a good testing site to see.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

Just to add to what Walkman said. If you have a particular video in mind, give the link to it here and others who use WMP will try to view it. I have Real Player as my default on FF and IE. I will also let you know if the particular video can be viewed using Real player.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users