Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shanepack

shanepack

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

hello all and thank you in advance for any help you render. it is greatly appreciated.

i just got a new computer. its a dell xps410. i would love to get rid of some of the pre-instaleld crap that comes on a dell, so any advice that way is great, but thats not really my problem.

i have an external hard drive, and apparently it is infected. i hooked it up to my computer to transfer some pictures and music, etc, to the new computer, and now i have a billion running processes. i recognize some of them from my previous computer, and i would love to get rid of the ones that i dont need. its a fast computer, but its already not running that fast. please help me!!

thanks so much

shanepack

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shanepack

shanepack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:32 PM

hey guys

i pulled up my task manager and here are some of the programs that are running that i cant get rid of with any spyware, anti-virus programs.

svchost (like 6 of them)
spoolsv
dllhost
lsass
csrss

and a few more. any info on any of these files would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!!

#3 dogslikeus

dogslikeus

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:01 AM

all of those programs are used by windows to keep things running smoothly. they are system processes that are supposed to be there.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:34 AM

Hi shanepack. A good place to start your checking is File Database.
Definitely do not play with the ones you mentioned unless research shows they may be imposters.

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users