Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Ghost 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

i have norton ghost 10 that i got with my computer. its a trial version and the trial time as run out. i cannot delete the image files (the backups) or the partition it has made. it says i need to purchase it to do anything. i do not want to pay for something that i just want to delete the remnits of old backups i dont need and to reclaim disk space. its taking up 30gb. thats a lot. please help. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kevin_D

Kevin_D

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

Hi, Computer Man.
As far as I've understood Ghost created a separate partition and put images there, am I right?

#3 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:30 PM

yes

#4 Kevin_D

Kevin_D

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:19 AM

I recommend you to use this Norton removal tool just roll down to the line № 380. Personally I didn't use it but I heard some positive responses about it. After un-installation of the Ghost maybe you'll get access to backup partition partition.
P.S:
Two questions:
1) Did you try to remove this partition using Norton itself and then recover it from an unallocated space?
2) Is it a hidden partition?

Good Luck.

Edited by Kevin_D, 06 December 2006 - 08:19 AM.

#5 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

i have uninstalled norton and i have deleted the image files off of the D:/ Backup.

1.) no
2.)no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users