Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Remove Software

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ready2giveup

ready2giveup

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

:thumbsup: I have not been able to use any of my USB ports in months. I don't know what's wrong. The only thing I can see that's wrong is a software program I installed that now I can't get off my computer. All USB properties show that the ports are working correctly. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

OK, this program you can't get rid of--is it bigger than a breadbox?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

What program are you trying to remove. Most programs can be uninstalled by using "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel so start there first.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 ready2giveup

ready2giveup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:38 PM

I'm not laughing. I really would like to figure this out. My son is getting an Ipod for x-mas and he can't use it if I can't figure this out!

#5 ready2giveup

ready2giveup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

quietman7...thank you for your response. I've tried add/remove programs a thousand times. I get the following message:

The following application(s) is running. Please exit. - Synchronization Software

I don't know how to exit because I can't see anything running. I don't know where to look.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:43 PM

Could you provide the name of the program that you can't remove?
How long have you had this problem?
What have you done to try and correct this problem?
Were there any error messages?
If so, what was the exact error message?

Give all of the details you can think of.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 ready2giveup

ready2giveup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:52 PM

Purchased a PDA that came with software. I don't think I installed it correctly to begin with and was never able to get it to work. This is how it's listed in add/remove programs

SHARP YO-P20HII PC Software
When I try to remove it this is the message I receive:
The following application(s) is running. Please exit. - Synchronization Software

I can see an icon on the tool bar at the bottom; lower right hand side. I have right clicked on it but....................

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,603 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:12 PM

http://www.file.net/process/sync.exe.html

The above link should be useful to you.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:41 PM

You may have to stop the sync process before attempting the uninstall.

Use your mouse to right click an open area in the task bar. In the context list that popups up, select task manager. If that does not work Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager or go to Start > Run and type: taskmgr

When Task Manager opens, go to the "Process" tab, highlight the process for the sync program and select "End Process".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:40 PM

You could also just delete it in the safe mode.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:34 AM

A possible "workaround" would be to install new motherboard/chipset drivers (they control the USB ports) and see if it will "countermand" the Sync software's settings.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users