Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upload Photos From Phone To Pc?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

I have a Motorola Razor phone and the phone has a USB drive so I would like to use it to upload photos from my phone onto my PC rather than having to email it all the time which costs me so much. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? I read from somewhere that I need a program but it doesn't exist anymore so what can I do?
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

http://picasa.google.com/
check out the above free program. I use it and like it.

Picasa finds most images/video files stored on your PC, including file types captured by many mobile camera phones. (See Systems Requirements for a list of file types). Simply transfer your photos to your PC per your device's normal transfer mechanism, like Bluetooth. (Note: Picasa has TWAIN and WIA support for importing from devices. Some mobile phones may have this support, which means that photos on these devices could be imported directly by clicking the "Import" button in Picasa. Check your mobile's owner manual.)

Edited by buddy215, 29 November 2006 - 09:57 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:17 PM

I believe that you just need a cord that will connect your phone to your computer. Stop by your cell phone retailer and tell them what you want to do (bring your phone with you), and they should be able to set you up!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:17 AM

According to Motorola, you need the Motorola Phone Tools (MPT) software that should of came on a seperate cd with your phone. The software package contains a special usb driver so that your computer can talk to your phone. Version 4.3.5 or greater is required for the Razor. After the software is installed, you also need to set your phone up as a Data\Fax connection. The procedure is here. (See USB Connection Settings #5)
Motorola wants a whopping $40.00 for the MPT package seperately (what a rip, though it does come with the needed cables :thumbsup:) but I guess it could save you money in the long run. It can be purchased here. If you decide to go that route, install the software before you plug the phone into a usb port.

Edited by HitSquad, 29 November 2006 - 09:38 AM.

#5 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:18 AM

According to Motorola, you need the Motorola Phone Tools (MPT) software that should of came on a seperate cd with your phone. The software package contains a special usb driver so that your computer can talk to your phone. Version 4.3.5 or greater is required for the Razor. After the software is installed, you also need to set your phone up as a Data\Fax connection. The procedure is here. (See USB Connection Settings #5)
Motorola wants a whopping $40.00 for the MPT package seperately (what a rip, though it does come with the needed cables :thumbsup:) but I guess it could save you money in the long run. It can be purchased here. If you decide to go that route, install the software before you plug the phone into a usb port.

Yeah, I know I need the program but I didn't think I needed a special usb cable. I was thinking of just using my Canon camera usb cable since it works for my PSP too so why not my phone? Does Picaso work for Razor?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,099 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:48 AM

Just to give you an idea of all the different designs for the cable from cellphone to computer, look at this link:
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/fornokia12.html
Whether or not Picasso will be able to get the photos from your particular phone or not, I haven't a clue. You have to look in your manual and then check the info against what Picasso says or just get the cable and see if it works.

below is a link to what I think is your phone accessories. (RAZR) The cable is available for $9.95 if it is still on sale.
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/motorolav3.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:05 AM

Does Picaso work for Razor?

Most likely not. Picasa can import images from a phone that supports twain or wia. I see no documentation as far as your phone is concerned that it supports either one. The majority don't. Double check your phone manual just in case.
SEE: Can I import from my camera phone with Picasa?

Yeah, I know I need the program but I didn't think I needed a special usb cable. I was thinking of just using my Canon camera usb cable since it works for my PSP too so why not my phone?

As long as the connections are the same, then I don't see why not. However, It looks to me as if Motorola's software and drivers are very specific and the phone tool software may be the only thing that will work, in which case you get the cable anyways.

#8 deuce23

deuce23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:04 AM

Thanks everybody, I think I'll just go buy the CD and cable off from Ebay.

#9 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

It the device which I believe it does then this can be done using a USB Dongle. These are very cheap from places like Ebay. This will allow you to transfer files to a PC. Make sure first that you have the ability to transfer file by bluetooth on your phone. I don't have this phone so can't be certain.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users