Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temporary Internet Folder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peterk

peterk

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:17 PM

In Documents & Settings/(me)/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files, I right click properties and it shows me that the capacity is 399Mb but it is empty as far as I can see.
Folder properties are set to show hidden System Files etc, so I'm wondering where this extra rubbish actually resides? A windows cleaner will find and delete these but I'm just curious to know where they are.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheTerrorist_75

TheTerrorist_75

• Members
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

Copy and paste the following into the Explorer address bar (Not Internet Explorer).

C:\Documents and Settings\(me)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

(me) = your name.

You will find the additional files. I usually make a shortcut to this folder on the desktop. They are cleaned when you empty the Temporary Internet Files when you check the Delete all offline cotent box by clicking on the Delete files button in Interent Options.
I am a transplant survivor.

Get Your Donor Card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users