Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Wont Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimfred

jimfred

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

hello . i recently installed ie7 and followed the instructions about shutting down windows automatic updater and my internet security and messenger etc etc . the install went without a hitch and everything ran fine with it and i liked the new setup and all, i used it for several weeks and then i went to windows updates website and it scanned for new updates and listed about 5 updates for my pc . then i clicked on to install updates and the update downloader comes on saying downloading new updates but noting happens and after a good while it shows that it couldnt install updates and when you click on the red x or even cancel then it freezes up and i have to use task manager to shut it down . and after the error report comes on it dirrects you to the microsoft support website and shows up a list saying that my pc might be infected with a virus but my pc is clean ive run windows live and norton and avg deep scans and they show my pc is clean . didnt have any issues with any downloading untill ie7 and the microsoft or windows update website is the only place i have any problems with ive uninstalled and went back to ie 6 but it still does the same thing . i would really appreciate any help on this cause i dont know what else to do ive looked everywhere and cant get anywhere with microsoft support on this . im stumped

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 silmaril8n

silmaril8n

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

What are the updates that it is trying to install?

#3 jimfred

jimfred
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

these are the updates its showing ie7 because i uninstalled it from my pc it wont install here but if i go to the ie7 homepage ie7 will download

High-priority updates
Microsoft Windows XP
Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 for Windows XP
Download size: 14.8 MB , 4 minutes
This free upgrade to Internet Explorer for genuine Windows customers offers improvements such as:
enhanced security to help protect you from malicious software and fraudulent websites; a cleaner look,
including tabs for browsing multiple pages in one window; features to make everyday tasks such as
printing and searching the web easier. This upgrade preserves your current home page, search settings,
favorites, and compatible toolbars, and can be uninstalled if you decide to do so. Details...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP (KB922760)
Typical download size: 1.5 MB , 2 minutes
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running
Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this
update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2006 (KB890830)
Download size: 5.5 MB , 1 minute
After the download, this tool runs once to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent
malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove any infection found. If
an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time you start your computer. A new
version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer,
you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center or run an online version from microsoft.
com. This tool is not a replacement for an anti-virus product. To help protect your computer, you should
use an anti-virus product. Details...
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...=en-us&id=6
(1 of 2)11/28/2006 8:23:04 PM

Microsoft Update
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Typical download size: 248 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified in MSAgent that could allow an attacker to compromise your
Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this
update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Typical download size: 208 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based
system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from
Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Typical download size: 234 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based
system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from
Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB927978)
Download size: 5.4 MB , 1 minute
A vulnerability exists in the XMLHTTP ActiveX control within Microsoft XML Core Services that
could allow for remote code execution Details...
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...=en-us&id=6
(2 of 2)11/28/2006 8:23:04 PM

Edited by jimfred, 28 November 2006 - 10:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users