Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"insert File" Dialog Box Files Appear In Reverse Order (ms Outlook)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rich from CA

Rich from CA

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:59 AM

When I go to insert a file to an email by clicking on the "Insert File" paper clip, and the "Insert File" dialog box opens, all the files are in reverse order. That is, I'm looking at files beginning in z and I have to scroll to the right to get to the files beginning in a and to the folders, which are at the front of all files, except in my dialog box they are at the end. Any solutions??
Thanks,
Rich

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

This is one of those computer 101 moments. You'll like this when you can see what this does.

In any window like this you should see column names "Name, Size, Date Modified" and so on. If you click on any of them the list is sorted by that column. First time you click the column is in ascending order if you click it again it is in descending order. There should be a little triangled arrow beside the name of the column that is sorted.

I often sort my files by date so that I can find fast the file I just modified.
How to kill a programmer: Give him a shampoo bottle.
Lather, Rinse, and Repeat

http://www.wtc7.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users