Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantic Network Drivers Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TerriR810

TerriR810

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

Working on my dad's laptop, who was having trouble opening up word doc (word2003) said the virus protection was not updated and would not allow him to open them, when you go to close the file, it came back wanted to save changes to the Normal template (red flag - virus -right?) and also the global template. well his norton security center 2003 was outdated and he bought Zone Alarm which he wasnt using the anti virus part til his Norton expired this month. I was trying to get the Norton completely uninstalled, but ran up against a brick wall, he had not been able to put any windows updates to his computer or office updates, by the time i got done, I must have put over 100 updates including XP SP2!! Still could NOT get the windowsupdate or officeupdate to rightfully install on his PC. I could uninstall via Control Panel all symantec listings except Symantec Network Drivers Update. How the Bleep do you get this off the computer?? I am familiar with the regedit and working with the registry so if I need to go there I can. I did buy him McAfee 2007. would appreciate any help as to what direction he can go as he is a realtor and needs his word doc for work and is getting tired of sending them home to have mom print them off for him.

Edited by TerriR810, 28 November 2006 - 10:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:14 AM

Please read through the discussion topic "How To Remove Your Norton Products". There are specific removal tools/procedures for Norton products.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users