Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shut Down Errors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qrius2noall

qrius2noall

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:01 AM

at the time of shutting down pc,after i have clicked turn off and after the message WINDOWS SAVING YOUR SETTINGS ,A LOUD BEEP FOLLOWED BY A MESSAGE

the instruction0x00876ab1referenced memory 0x00000001could not be written

sometimes the message is of kind

the instructionat 0x015575db referenced memory 0xcf5dddbe could not be read

as an absolutely new user of pc,iam really scared-what does all these messages indicate-hardwarefailure,defective software(win xppro sp2)or somekind of intrusion(i have NOD32 internet security by noron for safety)

any kind of guidance/help/suggestions at this troubled time will be highly appreciated

thks in anticipation

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:59 AM

It could be a problem with a program, or it could be an issue with RAM.

If there are two pieces of RAM you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any.

If you care to test the memory:

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

To put your mind at rest, this is almost always a badly coded piece of software trying to access an area of memory it's not allowed to. I had same error after installing an Adobe DTP program. Now removed and error no longer appears.

Albert is right to point out, however, that it could be defective RAM. So run the test he's suggested.

Edited by pip22, 28 November 2006 - 03:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users