Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So Who Has The Best Cpu Now Intel Or Amd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

I seem to hear a lot about intels new dual core cpu's but not much about AMD's.
Why is this? Is the core duo way better than the turion models AMD has?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

Core 2 is way better than anything else on the market. Linky
Then check these two. Turino X2 vs Core Duo and Core Duo vs Core 2 Duo

Also AMD Update

Edited by Mr Alpha, 28 November 2006 - 11:25 AM.

"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

I may have missed it but how much faster really is AMD's core duo over the top AMD's 2 core chip? It seems the new chip AMD is going to release in 2007 is going to tear up the core duo intel has out now.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:57 PM

Intel's Core 2 Duo E6600, which costs $330, is faster than AMD's Athlon FX-62, which costs $800.

Just to clear things up: Intel makes the Core Duo and Core 2 Duo while AMD makes the Athlon processors. Also Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are two completely different things.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users