I've recently found Shareaza and have loaded my PC with video files and what not that I'd like to get off my PC by burning them to DVD. I've burned a few to CDs that will fit on one CD. All the rest would take more than one CD so I'd like to be able to burn them to DVD. The problem is that the video files that they came in .avi, .mpg, .mpeg and .wma don't seem to want to burn to DVD. I have a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5112 which a search seems to indicate that I should be able to burn to DVDs. I've tried burning the above files to DVD and nothing happens, the DVDs don't play. The person that custom build this PC said that I would need to convert the files to .vib? files before they would burn to DVD. I've just downloaded MediaCoder 0.5.1 to convert them but I don't seem to be able to find a .vib? conversion process on it. Also I'm using Nero 6.0 OEM version to burn.
So my questions are:
1. First, does anyone know for sure if my TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R5112 actually burns to DVDs for any files?
2. If it does, what would those be and do they include video files?
3. If my player does burn video files to DVD what file type would that be? .vib?
4. Does anyone know if MediaCoder 0.5.1 will do the job for this or not?
5. Can anyone explain how to use the MediaCoder to do the job if it does?
6. Does anyone know of a conversion program for this, if MediaCoder will not do the job? Where to get it and any cost involved if any?
7. Will Nero 6.0 OEM version work here for burning to DVD?
That should cover everything I can think of for this. If there are any other concerns that I may encounter I'm sure that you will bring them up. Please do. I'd appreciate it. Thank you.