Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus K8n Motherboard Boot Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jake14

jake14

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:35 PM

I ordered an Asus K8N motherboard a couple of weeks ago, just got around to putting it in last week or so and found out it wont boot right. About 1 out of 8 times it will actually boot, other times it gets stuck in the bios boot up, it will then go into a boot loop, rebooting over and over until i shut it off. When it does actually start up, it works fine. I have tried a different hard drive, memory, and graphics card, to no avail. I called tech support, and realized how much of a jerk a lot of tech support can be. The guy said that it could be five things, Ram, processor, motherboard, Powersupply, or it could be overheating. He then gave me some random number to call and hung up... I really dont want to call another tech support place, so please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hi Jake, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
Are all the cpu, memory and peripheral settings correct in cmos setup and are they being retained on the next attempted boot? Gotten more then one asus board out of the box with the clrtc jumper set on the wrong pins. When you did manage to get to windows, did you install (or try to install) the mainboard drivers?

#3 jake14

jake14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hi Jake, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
Are all the cpu, memory and peripheral settings correct in cmos setup and are they being retained on the next attempted boot? Gotten more then one asus board out of the box with the clrtc jumper set on the wrong pins. When you did manage to get to windows, did you install (or try to install) the mainboard drivers?

Actually, my computer constantly gives me a Cmos error on every boot attempt...could the jumpers be the reason? And yes, I was actually installing the drivers as I read that. The computer works find once it starts, im using it right now. Usually i'm the one helping others with computer problems, feels weird to be on the other side. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users