Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

i am having a problem with firefox, i think it's a problem atleast. when my computer starts up so does firefox, well atleast that what it says in taskmanager, not only that but if i go online and then close out it stilll says firefox is running, this seems a little bit suspicious to me. anyone have an idea of whats going on?

thanks for your help
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:58 PM

This is one of the symptoms of the trojan Backdoor BDS/PoisonIvy.20.A (and similar variants).
There are other things that you can check first, though.
Follow the intructions in this article, beginning with the section labeled, Legitimate explanations for the symptoms.
If that doesn't work, follow the directions in the rest of the article.

Firefox.exe always open
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ussr1943

ussr1943
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

i did some scans, came back without any problems, i tried start FF in safe mode and resetting everything, didnt work, so i did an install of firefox 2.0

works like a charm
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users