Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error: Your Save Folder Is Not Valid...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gneb

gneb

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

i don't know what happened but lately my computer is always showing an error msg that says "Your saave folder is not valid. It may have been deleted, you may not have permissions to write to, or there may be another problem. Please choose a different folder." And then the select folder shows up but every time i choose any of the folder, nothing is inside the folder eventhough there are really some files inside. Then if I cancel, that message will show again. But if i just ignore it and just let that show up, i don't actually see any harm. But it is annoying. please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

Have you checked to make sure the folder your trying to save to, isn't Write Protected.
Right click the folder, and select Properties.
Click the General tab.
At the bottom, check to see if Read-only is checked.
If it is, uncheck it.
Click Apply.
Click OK.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 gneb

gneb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

but i'm not saving file. i think it's a virus or something coz everytime it shows up, it always show the limewire folder in the pc. is there a virus that will do such thing?

Edited by gneb, 29 November 2006 - 07:28 PM.

#4 hawkssr

hawkssr

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:07 PM

If you want to delete this file try this http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/index.htm worked for me when I could not delete a file because it showed no file path - tried everything but nothing worked until I found this program which is free for individual use.

#5 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

LIMEWIRE is a nightmare! It came with my OEM software; full of problems. Suggest you use Add/Remove programs (from Control Panel) to delete the whole thing. Then you should do a search on LIMEWIRE and delete everything else. I have found the music sites to be full of problems. NAPSTER is just as bad. I blocked both of them on my Explorer -Tools- Options - Security.

My Win98 PC showed up today with a "Bloodhound Exploit" virus that Norton couldn't fix (it is quarantined). Suggest you use the Bleeping favorites (Ad-Aware and Spybot) to check your machine (go to the Forums "if you are new" and follow the preparations for a Hijack THis log). It gives you resources on how to clean up your machine.
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users