Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Cd Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie666

Eddie666

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:23 PM

Computer has been running fine up until now. I ejected a game disc and inserted a blank cd so i could copy some MP3 files. When I put the disc in after a few seconds the computer crashes. It restarts by itself. If I leave the blank disc in it does not get past the welcome screen. If I remove the disc it boots up ok. If I put a game disc or any other disc in its ok. The discs I have used before and had no problems with them. THey are Traxdata Inkjet Printable. The other strange thing is when I reboot i get the usual Windows error message. If I decide to send it the problem that windows says is graphics related. The error code that comes up is :- STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.
How does putting in a blank cd cause this. Please help. can't record any dubs etc.

thanks
Eddie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:34 PM

Well have you tried another cd of the same type if not i woul;d sugjest that then if it still crashes post back as it is a deeper problem
Posted Image

#3 Eddie666

Eddie666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:38 PM

Tried 4 discs of the same type -no joy. I even tried a blank 'imation' DVD disc and the same happens.

Ed

#4 Eddie666

Eddie666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

Another test I done. I dug out a cd I made about a week ago on one of the blank discs and it goes into the drive and starts to play no problem. Tried another blank disc - no data - crash.

Eddie

#5 Siggyman

Siggyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

Have you tried a diffrent CD made by a diffrent Manufactorer
Posted Image

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

Take a look at this article from MSFT

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Eddie666

Eddie666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for your input but I've been to the Microsoft web site and done the whole download thing still no joy.
But to add a further twist to the tale - I took one of the cd's that was causing the problems of re-booting and put it into my epson printer an printed an Image onto the printable surface. I then put it into my computer and it worked no problem. Go figure that one ???????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks
Eddie

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:31 AM

1) Since Microsoft says that it's a video problem - try updating your video drivers.

2) If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the device in Device Manager and let Windows recognize it on reboot.

3) If that doesn't work, try updating your motherboard/chipset drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users