Usually this is caused by a bad driver - but it requires some use of the different Driver Verifier tools to be sure. I'm not real skilled with those tools.
To see if you can keep it alive a bit longer, you may want to uninstall any hardware devices that you can live without (temporarily) - if it's one of these drivers that's the cause it may fix the problem.
I'd suggest updating your drivers in the following order:
1) Windows Update
2) Motherboard/chipset drivers
3) Video drivers
4) Network card (NIC) drivers
5) Wireless Network Card (if needed)
6) Modem (if needed
7) Sound card
8) Other devices built into the motherboard
9) Other devices that plug into the motherboard (TV Card, controller cards, etc)
10) Other devices that plug into the computer's case (USB devices, printers, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, etc)
Edited by usasma, 30 November 2006 - 08:41 AM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.